Business & Process Analyst
Who We Are
Ace Asphalt is one of the largest paving and parking lot construction companies in the country. Since 1966, we have been providing quality asphalt and other paving services for projects of all types. We are proud to have earned the business of thousands of customers annually. In turn, this enables us to employ hundreds of Arizonans statewide in various fields of skill and experience. Ace Asphalt is determined to remain the market leader in Arizona - and is seeking people who have the same determination for their career.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Acts as the primary company liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Must successfully engage in multiple complex initiatives simultaneously.
- Accountable to deliver goals for measurable business value through improvement projects and company strategic initiatives.
Business Case Development
- Work independently with business units to define concepts and ideas to improve the business tied to company strategic imperatives.
- Describe and communicate the value of a project in terms of both its benefits and costs in terms used by the business community that will effectively obtain leadership understanding, support and approval of the project.
- Challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute and measure their plans in order to ensure realistic expectations of project value.
- Drive the measurement and delivery of improvement goals identified in project/initiative business cases.
Process & Requirements Development
Drive improvement through business process baselining & re-design using planned engagements with business units.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), iii. Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs)
Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
Business Unit Adoption & Education
The crafting and maintenance of business artifacts designed as simple tools to promote the ongoing education of business users on systems and processes, namely user guides, business process flows, and functional job aids.
What You Bring
- Bachelors degree in business management, management of information systems, or both required
- Minimum of five years experience as a business process analyst or in a similar role.
- Cloud based CRM (salesforce.com preferred) implementation project experience highly desirable.
- Previous management experience within sales, marketing, operations, or other business unit highly desirable.
- Experience in business to business high value services industry desired.
- Successful experience working in a matrix environment desired.
- Experience in using enterprise-wide process, requirements definition, and management systems and methodologies required.
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- An infectious positive attitude through crisis and challenges absolutely necessary.
- Expert level knowledge and practice in business process and analysis software and systems required.
To apply for this position, click here.
*Ace Asphalt, with offices in both Phoenix, Tucson, and Albuquerque performs work throughout the Southwestern US.
*Full benefits are provided following 90 days employment.
*Resumes will be accepted from the Phoenix area only. No relocation is provided for this position.
Ace Asphalt is an equal opportunity employer.
Ace Asphalt has provided us with great communication, outstanding workmanship, and service second to none for over 18 years.