Keeping Our Impact on the Planet In Check
It's not just the right thing to do for the planet; it's the law. At Ace, we take every precaution to ensure our practices meet and exceed requirements for dust control and storm water pollution prevention.
Learn more about our dust control and SWPP services below, and contact us for a free estimate.
SWPP is best combated at the entrances and exits of a site, where we install track outs, cattle guards, and silt fences where needed. We also perform regular sweeping of existing curbs, gutters, and sidewalks, as well as ensuring placement of scupper and drywell protection.
Dust control is an ongoing battle throughout your project, but one that we are well armed to tackle. One of the most effective methods is to pre-wet the soil to ensure proper saturation prior to over-excavation and grading phases. During these phases, we will probe the soil to test for saturation in order to ensure we maintain adequate levels at all times.
Another effective solution for dust control is the use of GSA on properties not slated for vertical or surface construction.
+ Benefits (Click to expand)
- Comprehensive: Full site-work package with one company, including asphalt paving and concrete.
- Environmentally Sound: Be confident that the contractor you use has a strong track record for compliance with applicable dust control and SWPP rules and regulations.
- Efficient: Our take-off process uses the latest technology and methods to ensure precision in our cut/fill strategy. More precision equals less money spent on unnecessary imports or exports.
- Ahead of Schedule: Start your project timeline off on the right path with a reliable partner who has a track record of exceeding expectations.
- Experienced: Decades of experience sniffing out conflicts between specs and plans so that problems are solved before moving on site where they become much more expensive to work through.
- Detailed Quality: Checkpoints throughout on-site process on widths and depths that even a Soils Engineer Inspector would admire, ensuring variations are caught early and corrected promptly.
+ Available Materials & Options (Click to expand)
|Piping: A method of pre-wetting soil that allows for rapid, deep penetration.|
|Irrigation: A pre-wetting method similar to piping, but employed only at certain sites (i.e. agricultural land) due to availability and access.|
|Water Trucking: A commonly used and well-known method to combat dust. Can also be used to pre-wet soil for shallow application needs.|
|Silt Fences: These temporary barriers act as a filtering system to help intercept and detain small amounts of sediment from leaving a construction site.|
|Track Out Entrances: Track out entrances, such as cattle guards or areas of large stones, are designed to allow for vibration when driven over to help shake off dirt and debris picked up on the construction site. They also provide a place for heavy vehicles to be washed off before entering public right-of-ways.|
|GSA: GSA is a recycled material consisting of ground-up asphalt and aggregate often used as a base layer for new pavement or as a ground covering to meet dust control regulations.|