Strengthen and Protect Your Pavement
When your surface needs a little more than an overlay, we have just the remedy – a fabric overlay. Using a geotextile material as an added layer between the original surface and the new asphalt on top, a fabric overlay will add strength to your pavement while protecting the subgrade below from the harmful effects of water.
Learn more about our fabric overlay services below, and contact us for a free estimate.
Before paving begins, we can repair any distresses in your existing surface, concrete curbing or other structures, and remove any loose material or water from the surface. Our repair services can also include saw cutting, milling and wedging, skin patching and trench repair.
This prepares your site for the paving process, where we apply an asphalt emulsion (or tack coat) to create a proper bond between the existing pavement surface and the geotextile fabric layer. Next, a geotextile fabric is rolled onto the tack coat to provide extra strength and to minimize additional damage to the subgrade due to moisture penetration. Hot mix asphalt is then applied and compacted. This readies your surface for final touches such as parking stall striping, directional lines and arrows, speed bumps, signage and more.
+ Benefits (Click to expand)
Choosing a fabric overlay for your asphalt refurbishing project can provide you with all the benefits of a traditional overlay – and more:
- Customizable: Choose the right paving thickness for your project type and expected amount of traffic.
- Improved Look & Durability: A fabric overlay will give your surface the look of a brand-new asphalt surface, adding as long as 10 to 15 years to your pavement’s lifespan. They can also reduce reflective cracking problems.
- Better Traction & Safety: Fabric provides improved vehicle traction and reduces safety issues like trips and falls.
- Lower Cost: Fabric is a less expensive alternative to full removal and replacement of your paved surface.
- Faster Completion: Fabric overlays take much less time to complete – usually just days. This minimizes downtime for your road or parking lot.
- Greater Protection: Geotextile fabric and tack coat layers create a barrier between the surface and your subgrade, which may assist in preventing further degradation to damaged subgrade, extending the life of your surface.
+ Available Materials & Options (Click to expand)
We use innovative asphalt mixes that are custom-designed to tolerate the harsh conditions of the Desert Southwest. We can also customize your paving project for a variety of traffic loads and conditions to provide you with optimal performance for an extended product lifespan. Standard options and materials include:
|1/2 Inch Mix Design: This mix is recommended for use in overlays on pavements with heavier traffic/loads for improved wear and resistance.|
|3/8 Inch Mix Design: This mix, which has smaller particles of aggregate than our 1/2 inch mix, is recommended for use in overlays on pavements with lighter traffic/loads or with heavier foot traffic for pleasing aesthetics.|
|Geotextile Fabric: This material is used on existing deteriorated asphalt pavement to minimize surface water penetration into the subgrade below.|
|PG 70-10 (Liquid Asphalt Cement): This performance-grade asphalt binder is commonly used as the tack coat for adhesion of the fabric to the asphalt surface.|