The Power of Visualization
Imagine a three-dimensional look at your property; color-coded to determine which areas require filling versus those that need to be cut. This is just one of the value engineering tools we perform for your project. Using a computer-aided design (CAD) file or digitized plans, we are able to create a 3-D model that gives our team tremendous power to bring production efficiencies to life for your proposal.
Learn more about our 3-D site modeling below, and contact us for a free estimate.
It all starts with your project's blueprints! Upon receiving computer-aided design (CAD) files or digitized plans of your project, we will upload the necessary information into our Civil Engineering computer program. One of our Technicians will then manipulate the static data into design in order to show the elevation changes on your site. A three-dimensional model of your site showing cut and fill areas is then created from the uploaded information. This model is used by our construction and survey teams to know the exact cuts and fills that are required.
+ Benefits (Click to expand)
- More Knowledgeable: Creating a model allows us to better understand the scope of your project.
- Precise Bidding: Our pre-bid model allows us to give you the most accurate bid possible (a large margin of error exists with printed copies of CAD files and subsequent copies).
- Accuracy Ensured: 3-D site modeling eliminates virtually all errors in original plans (e.g. mismatched scales).
- Better Surveys: This service increases the accuracy of topographical surveys throughout the course of your project.
+ Available Materials & Options (Click to expand)
We have the ability to work with both computer-aided design files as well as hard copies of your project's plans.
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD) file: Computer technology is used by engineers and architects to design a project. This electronic file contains the necessary information required by our Civil Engineer Department to create our 3-D site model and take-off.
- Plans/Blueprints: Plans of your project are most often available in hard copy format. We are able to digitize these hard copies into an electronic format that is compatible with our Civil Engineering computer program.